Why should I switch to Python? - Infinity of Primes

Nick Maclaren nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 4 08:58:56 EDT 2000

In article <NDBBKEGCNONMNKGDINPFGEJDDFAA.infonuovo at email.com>, "Dennis E. Hamilton" <infonuovo at email.com> writes:
|> The standard approach is a proof by contradiction starting from the
|> assumption that there is a largest prime.

There is also a constructive proof based on the Fundamental
Theorem of Arithmetic, that is little more complex.

But I am at a complete loss to know why you need to be able
to prove that there are an infinity of primes in order to
switch to Python :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QG, England.
Email:  nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Tel.:  +44 1223 334761    Fax:  +44 1223 334679