Trouble with Tkinter under IDLE

Anthony Lander alander at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Apr 11 14:51:17 EDT 2000

Hi -

I'm having some trouble with Tkinter windows running under Idle, and I
wonder if any of you have encountered this:

When I open a window from the Idle shell, it won't return from the mainloop
when the window closes. Further, the shell won't respond because it
believes that there's a thread running (and it can't kill it).

All of this works just fine from the command line, though, so I'm pretty
convinced it's a problem related to running Idle.

I'm running Python 1.5.2, idle 0.6 and tcl/tk 8.0 all under NT.

Anyone have any guesses?

Thanks much,

Anth