Python 1.6a2 crashes in test_fork1 on my Mandrake Linux 7 machine

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Fri Apr 14 13:43:29 EDT 2000

Oliver Andrich <oli at rz-online.net> writes:
> this is the interesting thing. The system is the same where I run python 1.5.2
> and 1.6a2 on. Threading code seems to be the same in the source distribution.
> As far as I checked it. It is getting stranger and stranger.

Careful... Fred Drake checked in a change to test_fork1 not too long
ago; perhaps that's causing the problem.  It might also be related to
the problem described in http://x32.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=602366237

Well, you are the best I have, Cluracan, and to say that is to say little
indeed.
  -- Queen Titania, in SANDMAN #52: "Cluracan's Tale"