lightweight embedded database table object

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Tue Apr 4 11:53:51 EDT 2000

Warren Postma wrote:

> > Hi Warren,
> > Have you looked at MetaKit? http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html
>
> It didn't look 'ready for prime time' -- too many disclaimers of the kind I
> usually put on something when I expect it's still quite buggy or unscalable.
> I suppose I should give it more of a try though, eh!? Is anyone using this
> in a 'production environment'?

Yes. Metakit, extensively. Probably less so for Mk4py.

The problems you'll find aren't stability problems. Some of the
advanced stuff (the relational algebra) can be tricky to get
working - it's not documented well, and you may find, for
example, that some operation returns a read-only view where
updates silently fail. It should all show up during development,
though.

- Gordon