Python 1.6 alpha 1 released

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Sun Apr 2 13:16:49 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:
> I'm sympathetic.  We only upgraded our production system from 1.5.1 to
> 1.5.2 last week, because we'd made a number of 1.5.1-specific hacks and
> had to back them out correctly for 1.5.2.

we upgraded a customer site from 1.3 to 1.5.2 in november
(distributed, mission critical, many gigabytes per day, custom
interpreters, lots of C and C++ extensions, etc).

catching up with changes in Python and its standard libraries
was a very small part of the total effort.  getting it all to work
on a new version of the operating system was much harder...

</F>