Just doing local file testing

Rich James rich at anna.UUCP
Mon Apr 3 01:20:30 EDT 2000

It's well enough that you can open an HTML file with your browser and view it locally, but you cannot launch CGI scripts
this way.  They need to be launched by a web server -- so you will need to get into Apache.  Most likely, on your RH6.1
system, Apache is already set up and running.  Look for httpd.conf in your filesystem and review it.  Look for a line
with ScriptAlias in it and that will tell you where you are configured to run cgi scripts from.  Put your script in that
directory.

--
War is the health of the State.
-- Randolph Bourne (1917)