Using python on the web

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 21 01:38:06 EDT 2000

Brent Fulgham <brent.fulgham at xpsystems.com> wrote:

> Of course, the Postgres Python bindings may be just as bad from your
> perspective.  :-)

Well, the Postgres Python bindings don't even conform to the
DB-API II specs - that kind of rules them out for a lot of
work. I myself am quite satisfied with the MySQL bindings, but
like the original poster, I had to write my own object layer
around the primitive functions. Maybe it would be a good idea
to have another standard layer on top of DB-API II, for those
who want a more sophisticated interface?

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org