Actually Running a function from a DLL

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Apr 7 22:54:36 EDT 2000

The only way to do this is to use the "calldll" or "dynawin" or
whatever it is called today extensions by Sam Rushing.  Can be
obtained from www.nightmare.com.  (A quick look indicates that
you need the dynawin stuff, even though it wont look like it :-)

Mark.

"Peter Olsen" <pcolsen at draper.com> wrote in message
news:38EE87A3.4080802 at draper.com...
I'm writing ask for a quick explanation of how to load and use
dll files
from Python running under MS Windows.

I have installed PythonWin and win32all, but I seem to be
completely
unable to run a function from a dll. I'm loading the dll with
win32api.LoadLibrary, but I can't figure out how to access the
functions. I've made some statements about how fast we can learn
Python
and the start development, but if I don't find an answer quickly,
I may
have to eat my words. If the best answer is "RTFM," please give
me a
hint as to where in TFM I should R.

I would greatly appreciate receiving answers by email because my
company
makes it hard to read news.

Thanks!

Peter