Mac Python Questions

Kent Polk kent at tiamat.goathill.org
Fri Apr 21 16:23:59 EDT 2000

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:16:48 -0500, Aaron J Reichow wrote:

>On 20 Apr 2000, Kent Polk wrote:
>
>> The standard Python installation program installed the wrong version
>> of the _tkinter shared library and(/or) didn't set the path to the
>> correct (ppc) version, so Python couldn't load _tkinter. If that
>> is the problem, there are several ways to solve it.  If that isn't
>> the problem, I'm not sure what to tell you as it's working on I
>> think 3 or 4 different mac platforms here.
>
>That's my problem.  I'm using OS 9, and I even added a path to where
>Tkinter appears to be, but it still cannot find _tkinter. <shrug>  This
>problem has been known for a while (I've heard of it since at least 1.5.1
>as being just a screw up with the path), so why hasn't it been fixed?

I have no idea where things are actually *supposed* to be, but the
installer placed _tkinter.CFM68k.slb in :Mac:PlugIns: and did not
install the _tkinter.ppc.slb there also. From what I saw, you can
either copy _tkinter.ppc.slb into :Mac:PlugIns: or add its location
to the Path in order to be able to import _tkinter. We are copying
to :Mac:PlugIns: as it appears that was the installer's intent.