PPython

Kevin Dahlhausen kdahlhaus at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 15:00:33 EDT 2000

Penpal International wrote:

> I bet also your web hoster has support for python. It comes along with
> almost every ditribution of Linux. (95 % of all webservers are working
> with linux).
> Why you don't try it out. Make a little script, put it in the cgi-bin
> directory (Don't forget to chmod it 0755). you also can login with
> telnet and type: python  . If you get a sort of shell you know for sure
> you can execute python scripts.

That's a great idea, only the site is on an NT machine (GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr).
Files ending in .cgi or .pl are run as perl scripts.  I haven't talked to them yet
about installing Python.    I thought one option might be to write a perl wrapper
that spawns the CGI python interpreter.   I'd rather talk to them first though than
be sneaky like that.