Why should I switch to Python? - Infinity of Primes

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sat Apr 8 19:59:14 EDT 2000

Summary of the thread:

Why should I switch to Python from Perl?
[usenet lore knows that huge flamewar may be about to explode]
Some discussion on Python versus Perl.
Under what circumstances Python could be better.
Several people say: stick to Perl if you're already comfortable with it.
[usenet lore scratches its head]
Tim Peters joins in.
thread segues into math.
[usenet lore looks flabbergasted]
long discussion on math, formal proof of the infinity of primes ensues
Constructivist math, Brouwer, half of Pythondom joins into the discussion
[usenet lore panics!]
Discussion mentiones Haskell and Scheme, as they always do.
[usenet lore goes mad and concludes original poster should switch to
Haskell, *now*]

I just think this thread is very funny. It should count as a reason to
use Python. Although the place has become a bit hectic at times in this
newsgroups, we seem to have various antibodies against flamewars here. :)

One-of-which-is-called-the-timbot-ly yours,

Martijn