access form from included cgi

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Wed Apr 5 06:56:55 EDT 2000

Hello!

   I have a need to include a CGI in an HTML (Apache):
<!--#include vitrual="/cgi-bin/search.py"--> (for example; and name the
HTML search.html).

   I found that I cannot access form data (QUERY_STRING) when I call the
HTML with parameters: http://my.site/search.html?date=21-12-1967.
   Deeper investigation showd that QUERY_STRING is always empty, but Apache
passed form data in QUERY_STRING_UNESCAPED.

   Found this, I put the following code:
if not os.environ.get("QUERY_STRING", ""):
   qs = os.environ.get("QUERY_STRING_UNESCAPED", "") # method == INCLUDED
   if qs:
      os.environ["QUERY_STRING"] = qs

before form = cgi.FieldStorage().

   I think I can put corresponding patch for cgi.py, but I want to discuss
it here before commiting the patch...

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru