Using python on the web

Charley Horse someone at somewhere.com
Tue Apr 18 03:23:04 EDT 2000

I've just started fooling with python. I've looked around the python
site and a number of the other sites referenced there and am a bit
puzzled. Umm... how does one go about using python for web applications,
especially database driven apps? Almost everything deals with python
just as a language, as C++ would be. Not much about the web
specifically. I was a bit shocked to find the only direct refs on about
this at python.org are entwined with CGI (unless I missed it). I have no
exposure to CGI, but rather to php, CF, and ASP, so python has gone from
looking very attractive to looking... well, like a puzzle. I know about
Zope, but am interested in how one uses python on the web just by
itself.

Thanks