Using python on the web

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Apr 21 15:20:19 EDT 2000

Brent Fulgham <brent.fulgham at xpsystems.com> wrote:
> A couple of questions:

>> We build medium-busy, CGI-intensive sites in Python. We were briefly
>> quite excited about Zope, but once we realized it locked us into Yet
>> Another Programming Language, we lost interest. DHTML is particularly
>> problematic,
> 1.  I'm not familiar with Zope.  Is DHTML specific to Zope?  It seems
> to be proudly advertised on a lot of "webware" brochures I see these
> days.

Acronym mixup. DHTML (Dynamic HTML) and DTML (Document Template Markup Language)
have little in common besides that they both are used with HTML. DHTML is
client side (in the browser), DTML server side (in Zope). DHTML is to do
fancy graphics effects, DTML is a reporting language that talks to Zope
(read Python) objects and usually generates HTML.

Regards,

Martijn