Here is some starship.python.net news

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Apr 18 04:28:17 EDT 2000

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 12:30:19AM -0400, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:

> The situation with the Starship seems to reveal that:

> [a] It's highly relied upon by the Python community (consider all the
> modules people find at V of P that are really hosted on the Starship for
> downloading).

> [b] It's not well monitored and/or taken care of

> [c] There is no suitable backup/contingency machine to switch over to.

> How can the PSA change the situation to address [b] and [c]? I'd certainly
> be willing to pay higher dues if that's what it took, but there may be
> other ideas.

Official mirrors ? I'd be willing to lobby for a starship (and python.org ?)
mirror at XS4ALL (dutch ISP, where I work, so it shouldn't be too hard to
arange) but it kind of depends on the needs for the starship website --
having different platforms it runs on might screw up the scripts that run
there. Would having a data/webpage only mirror be sufficient ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>