Odp: Python on Alpha OpenVMS

Uwe Zessin zessin at my-deja.com
Fri Apr 7 04:51:20 EDT 2000

In article <ZRhvtDAzBR74EwzH at gol.com>,
  Ian Parker <parker at gol.com> wrote:
> In article <_KCD4.2797$a01.54385 at news.tpnet.pl>, Tomek Lisowski
> <Lisowski.Tomasz at sssa.nospam.pl> writes
[...]
> >I am just not sure, for which platform were these modules compiled,
> >and for which version of OpenVMS system

Tomek,
I thought that is clearly described on the page that Ian has
mentioned...

> Tomasz
>
> I'm glad to say that the VMS objects worked perfectly on both Alpha
> and VAX VMS systems.  They're both V7.x - I didn't bother to check
> specific version numbers.

I develope on OpenVMS VAX V6.1 - there are currently no features beyond
that version. Given OpenVMS´s good upward compatibility I am not that
much surprised ;-)

[...]
> I'm really impressed with the OpenVMS port (Uwe, please keep up the
> good work!).

Thanks. That´s encouraging...

> Only one qualification, at the moment I think the objects don't
> support threading, but haven't really investigated yet.

That is correct. I haven´t done much in this area yet, however I have
received very value feedback for the next release (sorry, no date, yet).
I am sure you won´t be disappointed, though...

Please remember that you need to recompile everything for thread support
and you might have to do some changes for OpenVMS V7 and up.

--
Uwe Zessin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.