Tkinter

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Mon Apr 24 22:59:54 EDT 2000

Hi All--

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Daley, MarkX <markx.daley at intel.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to use Tkinter for a GUI interface, but I am having a hard
> time
> > finding manuals for it.  Is there documentation comparable to Python's?
>
> http://www.python.org/topics/tkinter/doc.html

While /F's documentation is invaluable, online and free, there are two
other books which may help clarify the situation.

1)  If you're at a beginning level, then I recommend the final 8
chapters of my _Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours_.  These are the eight
chapters I wish had been available when I started using Tkinter.

2)  If you're at a more advanced level, where the /F documentation
doesn't cover enough, or not in enough depth, take a look at John
Grayson's _Python and Tkinter Programming_.  John's writing style is
appealing, he covers the topics in admirable depth, and he gives clever
and entertaining examples.

<no-funny-stuff-today,-just-bsp>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org and
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours