Mac Python Questions

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Thu Apr 20 09:30:59 EDT 2000

In article <38FE8032.DE233C29 at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz>,
	Greg Ewing <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
> Jeff Massung wrote:
>>
>> b) No matter what I do, I can't get Tkinter to work :(.
>
> Neither can I, and from what I've seen here, neither
> can anyone else. Tkinter just seems to be broken on
> the Mac at present.

Well it works for me here. Little tests and the demo run
fine with the distribution I got for the Mac. (It tell you python
1.5.2c, but it is supposed to be a 1.5.2)

Here is some exerpt of my correspondence with Jack Jansen:

| > Tk was not installed correclty, import Tkinter after import _tkinter
| > failed. I had to add Lib:lib-tk to the Python Configuration.
|
| This is a known bug in this distribution. And unfortunately this
| distribution has suffered quite some delays, so that by the time this
| problem surfaced it had become pretty much impossible to do a new one,
| as my sources had progressed quite a bit beyond 1.5.2. The fix is to
| either move _tkinter from Extensions:img to Plugins, or to add the
| folder where _tkinter lives to sys.path with EditPythonPrefs.

Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)