New Features in Python 1.6

Joe Smith JoeSmith at bogusaddress.com
Sat Apr 1 22:41:55 EST 2000

I think that there are security issues with the auto download.  I feel
comfortable being able to download one big thing and being able to examine it
source code wise and with anti-virus programs and so forth.  I get kind of
worried about somebody some how injecting malicous code in transit or fooling my
machine into downloading something from a hacker's box because they have done
something to a DNS server or something.  There should be a way to disable this
feature on a per machine basis.