[Announce] CAD data access from Python

tribune.oar.net kbd at iti-oh.com
Thu Apr 13 08:41:08 EDT 2000

After becoming hooked on Python 2 years ago, we have been developing code to
allow Python to directly access CAD data (with other related types in the
works).
We have just released our first product, CADScript, based on this
technology.  We are also releasing a new version of our CAD model quality
checker, CAD/IQ, that is written completely in CADScript.  The full press
release is below.

Note that we will be portions of this freely available to developers, more
details will be announced over the next several weeks.

I'd like to say thanks to Guido and everyone else in the Python community
who has made Python what it is today.  Thanks to Python, we are allowing a
*much* larger group of people to access data that, until now, has been only
accessible to people with a full blown C/C++ development environment.  We've
also significantly cut our internal development time/costs by embracing
Python and encourage others to take a serious look at Python.

Keith Davidson
Chief Technology Director
International TechneGroup Inc.

----------
International TechneGroup Incorporated (ITI) announces the release of
CADScript, a Python based development tool that significantly reduces the
time and effort spent developing and maintaining multi-CAD applications.

CADScript is based on the Python scripting language and provides modules
that allow access to native CAD data.  CADScript programs can be written
once and then run against any CAD API. The software is extremely valuable
for a vendor of downstream applications whose software complements multiple
CAD systems. CADScript serves as an enhancement for native CAD APIs and is
not intended to replace them. ITI's CADScript provides a consistent method
of accessing multiple CAD APIs for data and functionality. By utilizing the
Python language, CAD developers immediately have access to the powerful OS,
internet, and other modules included with Python.

ITI will be announcing an online community for CADScript developers in the
near future.

For more information visit http://www.iti-oh.com/pdi or contact Robert
Farrell at 800-783-9199, 513-576-3900, or info at iti-oh.com.