Sourceforge and Python

aaron_watters at my-deja.com aaron_watters at my-deja.com
Wed Apr 26 10:39:58 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8gcgvp.u19.kc5tja at garnet.armored.net>,
  kc5tja at garnet.armored.net (Samuel A. Falvo II) wrote:
> How the *hell* did you get your CVS repo to work on SourceForge?  :)
>
> Whenever I try to upload to the repo I've set up for my own project,
it
> tells me I don't have write permissions after processing about four
or five
> files (I forget the exact error phrase, but that's basically what it
> reports).  Now, I've used CVS before -- I have a repo set up on my
box at
> home.  What am I missing with respect to CVS with SourceForge?

I don't know if this will help, but I had trouble with this
too and with the help of Andy R. I came up with the following
command line which always works.

cvs -z6
-d :ext:aaron_watters at cvs.reportlab.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/reportlab
commit pdfdoc.py

It then prompts me for a password etc.  This is using the
ssh and the cvs versions recommended by sourceforge
and carefully setting up the needed directories and environment
variables, vis, in autoexec.bat

set HOME=c:\users\arw
set path=%path%;c:\usr\local\bin;c:\python;"C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs"
set CVS_RSH=ssh
SET
CVSROOT=aaron_watters at cvs.reportlab.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/reportlab
SET USERNAME=aaron_watters
SET HOMEDRIVE=c:
SET HOME=\users\arw
SET HOMEPATH=\users\arw
SET CVS_RSH=ssh

and in c:\etc\passwd

arw:x:1:10:Watters, Aaron R.:/users/arw/:/windows/cmd.exe

Why this particular black magic does the trick, I've no clue,
neither do I know whether it's all really needed,
but I don't waste cycles thinking too hard about it.

In my youth I used to waste immense amounts of emotional
energy getting mad about this kind of nonsense.  Now I'm
just trying to have a little fun before I die, as the muse
says...

   -- Aaron Watters

===
and the colored girls go