Any news of ActiveState's Python developments?

Jay Graves JGRAVES3 at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 7 08:30:35 EDT 2000

Hamish Lawson wrote in message
<13caa058.14a1c69c at usw-ex0108-063.remarq.com>...
>Is there any news of Python developments at ActiveState since
>they adopted the language? The only thing I've seen is their
>announcement of plans to port Python (and Perl) to the Intel
>Itanium.

I traded some email with David Ascher about this a couple of weeks ago.  He
indicated that the will be announcing some stuff in the 1.6 timeline.  This
was _before_ the 1.6 beta test started, so I don't know if they knew it was
coming up so quickly.  The only really concrete thing that he said was that
ActiveState's Python offering will be less Windows-centric than their Perl
offerings.

HTH
Jay Graves