LAmbda calculus evaluator (interactive)

Andrew Cooke andrew at andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk
Sat Apr 22 16:00:32 EDT 2000

ok, is this one of those pedantic geek jokes?  the worst problem with
never having studied computer science (apart from having to learn about
lambda calculus now) is that my sense of humour was never warped to the
point where i could detect this kind of thing for sure...

...but if not, i thought the (unquoted) context made clear that i was
talking about programs that manipulated expressions in lambda calculus
(so a "not interactive" program simply takes an expression and follows
some evaluation strategy as far as possible; an "interactive"
program allows me to step reduction by reduction, do abstractions, etc).
in other words, manipulate the appropriate ast.

anyway, i'm writing my own using the "little languages in python"
framework (now called spark) - but would still appreciate pointers to
other work.

cheers,
andrew

In article <vndk8hq3t1z.fsf at camelot-new.ccs.neu.edu>,
  Justin Sheehy <dworkin at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Andrew Cooke <andrew at andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk> writes:
>
> > I know where I can get various (Oca)ML programs, but I'm not sure
> > they're interactive
>
> % ocaml
>         Objective Caml version 2.04
>
> # 1 + 1;;