gaming and python

jason petrone jp at NOSPAMdemonseed.net
Tue Apr 18 15:30:41 CEST 2000

mrnatch <mrnatch at gateway.net> wrote:
> I told a friend of mine that I am learning to program using Python (I chose
> Python as my first language on the advice of a Llama) and he asked me an
> interesting question: Can Python be used for programming video games? And
> does it work with Windows API? Just curious.

Sure Python can be used for video games!

Though it would be difficult to write a complex game without dipping into any
C programming, there are modules for sound and 3d graphics available.  Check
out PyOpengl.

Later on, when you find enough things you can't do in Python, you can learn
enough C to write some extension modules.

-jp