Python 1.5.2 on HP-UX 11.00

philipp.jocham at salomon.at philipp.jocham at salomon.at
Fri Apr 21 05:19:37 EDT 2000

If tried to compile the pyton interpreter on HP-UX 11.00
with the bundled c-compiler. Boldly I added both
readline(Modules/Setup) and thread support.

	./configure --with-thread
	./make

Everything worked without problems, but when I tried
to run some tests, the executable couldn't be started
because of undefined symbols ( mutex something).

Further investigation showed that the configure process
found the
	pthread_create()
function in the 'cma' library. Looking in pthread.h
revealed that
	pthread_create()
was defined there as a static inline function just calling
	__pthread_create_system()

Now I tricked configure, by editing configure.cache
(just change the yes/no flags at the appropriate tests)
rerun the configure/make process and the interpreter conducts
all tests without error.

Sorry that I don't supply a patch for configure.in (with a test
for __pthread_create_system()), but I'm not sure if this the
correct way to handle this problem.

Bye, Philipp
--
Philipp Jocham                            SALOMON AUTOMATION GmbH
                                                Friesacherstr. 15