[ANNOUNCE] Webware for Python 0.1

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 10:40:28 EDT 2000

Don Tuttle wrote:
> WinZip is having problems with your tar.  It's giving me the
> error "Error reading header after processing 0 times."

The file is actually a gzipped tar file, but your browser is
probably curtailing the extension to .tar, thus miseading WinZip.
You can get round this by manually giving the file a .tar.gz
extension when you save it from your browser. The saved file
should now open OK in WinZip.

Alternatively you could do it The Python Way (TM) :-)

>>> import urllib
>>> urllib.urlretrieve(
'http://writewithme.com/Webware/download.cgi', 'webware.tar.gz')

Hamish Lawson