I need Help

Remco Gerlich scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl
Tue Apr 11 20:14:26 EDT 2000

HC2k wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Hello I am new to programming and someone said start with Python it's a
> great learning language and can be very useful what excactly does python
> program? And how long did it take anyone else to learn thanks !

Python can program a lot of things. It's very good at controlling Windows,
it works on a lot of other platforms, and it's a good language for the Web.
But that shouldn't matter to a beginner. Python has a very straight forward
design, and a consistent structure, so it's good to learn to program with.

There are several tutorials for beginner programmers on the web, see
http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html (especially the What is Python? link
and all the links after 'Introductions to Python for non-programmers').

Try to work through those tutorials. If you have problems, just ask on the
newsgroup, or mail me personally, or subscribe to the python-tutors mailing
list, a list especially for people learning Python as their first language -
see http://www.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor .

Remco Gerlich,  scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl
  3:10am  up 36 days, 14:30,  8 users,  load average: 3.27, 2.75, 1.98