Starving for an Advanced Python Book

lewst lewst at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 00:09:41 EDT 2000

Having finished "Learning Python", I'm now looking for an advanced
Python text.  ORA's "Programming Python" is a natural choice, but I
can't bear buying this outdated book when the 2nd edition is due out
in a few months (I'm dying here Lutz, hurry it up already!).  However,
I really need something in the interim period.  The library reference
manual is fine but usage is difficult for me to figure out sometimes
because there are very few examples included.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I suppose I'm looking for a text
that has examples of how to solve various kinds of programming
problems in Python and also examples of code showing how the library
and various modules actually work.  How is the "Python Essential
Reference" on examples?  Is it just a rebinding of the python.org
library reference

Thank-you.