Python Starship Grounded??

timehorse at unforgettable.com timehorse at unforgettable.com
Sat Apr 15 21:43:42 EDT 2000

In article <OqQJ4.8866$fV.715336 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
  "Michael Appelmans" <mappel at 123ibm.net> wrote:
> Yes, I was hoping to get hold of win32all build 131 for Python 1.6a2
but to
> no avail. I fear it is lost in some freakish nebulae.

Not that I'm complaining as I only wish I was doing more to promote the
Starship's upkeep but it is rather annoying this as I route all my
personal e-mail through Starship because it's currently my only shell
a/c and thus the only place I can have a true, bona fide .forward which
will send a copy of my mail to @home and a copy to my work which runs
on a Micro$oft network.  I don't store my mail on Starship, only route
through it, but obviously with Starship down, I haven't received any e-
mail in days -- not necessarily a bad thing what with the advent of
Spam.  :)  Still, I average about 10 or at MOST 20 e-mails a day and
since I am only re-routing them, I seriously doubt I'm degrading the
system greatly (we could always install ORBS if it'll cut down on the
spam I receive -- no complaints from me about that at all! :)  :)  :)
Of course, Zope being down is a bit of a bug!

Anyway, the long and the sort of it is, I'm not asking for it's timely
recovery -- it can recover when it recovers -- but it would be nice if
we could receive some kind of status report on the situation, non?

Be Seeing You,

Jeffrey.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.