Need help with COMObject for Zope

deepak_marda at my-deja.com deepak_marda at my-deja.com
Wed Apr 26 22:34:06 CEST 2000

Hi,
I am trying to use COMObject with Zope. I have the latest versions of
Python and Zope installed on my Windows NT machine and have the Python
COM extensions installed as well. The following works fine from a
vanilla Python environment: -

python
>>>import win32com.client
>>>o=win32com.client.Dispatch('Word.Application')
>>>o.Visible = 1
and so on...

However, when I created a COMObject in Zope with id = word and Dispatch
= Word.Application it raises the following exception: -
Error Type: com_error
Error Value: (-2147221008, 'CoInitialize has not been called.', None,
None)

I have replaced the Python installation that comes with Zope to the
latest version of Python with the COM extensions and I have also tried
restarting Zope.

Please help,
Deepak

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/