how do i pack and unpack messages in python?

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 09:26:26 EDT 2000

"Shaun" <shogan at iel.ie> writes:

> so i have 3 values that i want to pack into a message so as the info can be
> sent (but dont worry about th3 sending bit for the mo)

Hmm, what are you sending the message to?  Email?  Some kind of IPC?
An HTML form?  I guess I don't understand what you want.

> can anyone please tell me how id go about manipulating the strings so as i
> can join them using field seperators, any ideas anyone, or even tell me
> where i might find out how to do this problem.

Have you tried the struct module?

Cheers,
M.

--
  "declare"?  my bogometer indicates that you're really programming
  in some other language and trying  to force Common Lisp into your