Python compiler ? (was Re: Python for drivers?)

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Wed Apr 26 20:46:49 EDT 2000

gchiaramonte at my-deja.com wrote:
> How about $100 each? Then we only need 600 users. If his compiler
> really works, count me in.

That's not a bad price per-person, but what are the chances that he'd
be willing to open-source it? He seems to regard this as a revenue
generator, so he'd likely consider the source code (or at least a
large fraction of it) a trade secret. I'd also be willing to kick in
$100 for an efficient Python compiler, but only if it were open source.