Mac Python Questions

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at ub.d.umn.edu
Fri Apr 21 01:16:48 EDT 2000

On 20 Apr 2000, Kent Polk wrote:

> The standard Python installation program installed the wrong version
> of the _tkinter shared library and(/or) didn't set the path to the
> correct (ppc) version, so Python couldn't load _tkinter. If that
> is the problem, there are several ways to solve it.  If that isn't
> the problem, I'm not sure what to tell you as it's working on I
> think 3 or 4 different mac platforms here.

That's my problem.  I'm using OS 9, and I even added a path to where
Tkinter appears to be, but it still cannot find _tkinter. <shrug>  This
problem has been known for a while (I've heard of it since at least 1.5.1
as being just a screw up with the path), so why hasn't it been fixed?

Aaron
-----
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -- Alan Kay