Teaching the art of programming, in python

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Thu Apr 6 08:48:01 EDT 2000

Hi All--

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

[snip]

> >> Ranting-about-dummy-booktitles-ly-yours,
> Well I am just ranting about book title giving wrong impressions.
> 24 times a one hours session can be quite a bit to teach people the
> basics, I agree with that. But for all the philosophy I guess that
> you need to spread the lectures about a larger time period. :)

Unfortunately, I had absolutely no choice about the book title.  Given
my druthers, I would have used what the book is *really* named, _Python
Mind, Beginner's Mind_.  Think of it that way, and it's a lot easier to
take;-)

<the-python-that-can-be-spoken-is-not-the-true-python>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org and
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours