Installer / mxDateTime problem

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Thu Apr 6 13:07:34 EDT 2000

I wrote:

> Richard Chamberlain wrote:
>
> > I've got a simple script that uses mxDateTime that I want to run as an exe.
> > I run it through simple.py and I get the following error:
> >
> > NameError: Case mismatch for module name feasts
> > (filename C:\Program Files\Python\DateTime\Feasts.py)
>
> If I attempt to import DateTime.feasts interactively, I get the
> same error. Do you have PYTHONCASEOK set? The exe isn't
> going to do that for you.

And then I played with mxDateTime and I see what you're
talking about. Aargh. You've run into a bug in Installer,
(Windows case preserving case insensitive file names again),
but after that you'll run into a perversion in mxDateTime (the
fact the mxDateTime is both the name of a package and the
name of a module, so the "from mxDateTime import *"
succeeds even when it fails.) (Actually he does this with
DateTime, too, but that one works).

All these "import *"s also include all the test code. I'm
suprised that dependency tracking isn't fooled by LazyModule,
considering what it does to "dir()".

- Gordon