Trouble compiling PyGreSQL 2.4 on Linux

Martin Skøtt mskott at image.dk
Mon Apr 24 14:18:23 EDT 2000

Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.russ.ru> writes:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Martin Skøtt wrote:
> > Seems like a great time for me to learn how to write a make file. I
> > will post it to him one of the following days.
>
>    You couldn't write a plain makefile - there are many different systems,
> and installations, etc.

As far as I know, this special situation only occurs on Red Hat
systemts and not other Linux distributions (maybe on mandrake which is
RH with some extra vanilla).
>    Better, learn to write Distutil, and write one for PyGreSQL - that's a
> Real Challenge!

I have allready thought about it and that seems a lot smarter, but
that should propably be left over to the more experienced Python installers.

--
Martin Skøtt
mskott at image.dk

'In a certain sense, all decent programming languages are equally powerfull'
Dr. Alan Turing