Beginning to be disapointed

Hugues Demers hdemers at venus.astro.umontreal.ca
Thu Apr 6 14:17:04 EDT 2000

Hi,

Can somebody help me on this? I'm using python to read big arrays (100x2000)
of float. I manipulate those arrays, I do small operations on them. That is
ok. I do others smalls calculations not involving the big arrays and then the
interpreter hang ! The cpu percentage used by python goes up and there is
nothing else to be done except to kill the interpreter. I have no idea
what's going on. Do I need to free memory in some way ? Am I doing
something wrong ? There is nothing special about the calculations involving
the big arrays. The only thing special is that they are big.

Thank you

Hugues