Searching for Python Material...

Jay Graves JGRAVES3 at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 7 08:38:44 EDT 2000

Josh Tompkins wrote in message <8F0ED18C1joshtinamecom at 209.208.0.7>...
>Buenos Dias, everyone.

Hello...

>I'm fairly new to this whole python thing.  I think that I'm getting better

If you already know some programming, Learning Python is a great book.  I
read it almost straight through, switching over to a Python interepreter
when I wanted to try something out.  Good introductory book, IMO.

>So, anyway, I was wondering if anyone could point me to some websites that
>cover material that is more advanced than the stuff in most of the
>tutorials out there.  I'm actually looking for something along the list of:
>
>to do (something cool in python) do this...
>
>where something cool in python is a variable with values such as "Accessing
>webpages and/or e-mail", "Connecting to a database", etc, while still
>keeping the deep magic stuff to a relative minimum.

Maybe the Vaults of Parnassus would be of some help.

http://www.vex.net/parnassus/

Welcome to Python...
Jay