Newbie: urllib.urlretrieve()

ez4gl ez4glNOezSPAM at hotmail.com.invalid
Thu Apr 6 20:54:56 CEST 2000

I'm trying to clone some Intranet pages for a contract
assignment and thought Python would be a good tool because of
it's urllib module.  However, when trying to use
urllib.urlretrieve(), I have found that if you specify the
second argument, the file for writing to has to already exist.
What I want to do instead is create the name of the file on the
fly, based on the name of the URL I'm retrieving.  I guess what
I need to do is to create an empty file ahead of time?!  But how
would I go about doing this under Windows? (Unix I could handle)

Thanks in advance

George