Another question

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 09:14:38 EDT 2000

Shae Erisson <shapr at uab.edu> writes:

> Thomas Wouters wrote:
>
> > Of course not all Python code can be boiled down to these two
> > things (they aren't really 'rules', by the way, merely descriptions
> > of the Python view of the world) but understanding these subtle
> > differences can really make you grok Python ;) Tim Peters once
> > wrote down the Python Philosophy (or zen):
>
> Can you tell me where you found the python philosophy quote? I'd
> like to read more along these lines.  thanks,

http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/quotations/python-quotes.html

Good stuff.  One of my favourites:

 Python is a truly wonderful language. When somebody comes up with a
 good idea it takes about 1 minute and five lines to program something
 that almost does what you want. Then it takes only an hour to extend
 the script to 300 lines, after which it still does almost what you
 want.
                                              Jack Jansen, 8 Jul 1992

Cheers,
M.

--
  it's not that perl programmers are idiots, it's that the language
  rewards idiotic behavior in a  way that no other language or tool