gaming and python

sp00fD sp00fD at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 07:55:27 EDT 2000

Well, I'd have a hard time believing that you could program something
like quake, but you could probably do a decent job with tetris or the
like.  Check out PySDL http://pysdl.sourceforge.net/, I haven't used
it, but it's probably exactly what you need, SDL is apparently a cross
platform library for game programming.  Also, check out PySol
http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/pysol.html, an excellent and very
well done game of solitare + 156 (or so).

Mike

In article <000c01bfa91c$f421d6a0$0f8d0b3f at oemcomputer>,
  "mrnatch" <mrnatch at gateway.net> wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFA8E2.46AECF80
>
> I told a friend of mine that I am learning to program using Python (I
=
> chose Python as my first language on the advice of a Llama) and he
asked =
> me an interesting question: Can Python be used for programming video =
> games? And does it work with Windows API? Just curious.
> Thanks,=20
> Josh (And friend Tony)
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFA8E2.46AECF80

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
> http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I told a friend of mine that I am =
> learning to=20
> program using Python (I chose Python as my first language on the
advice =
> of a=20
> Llama) and he asked me an interesting question: Can Python be used
for=20
> programming video games? And does it work with Windows API? Just=20
> curious.</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks, </FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Josh (And friend =
> Tony)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFA8E2.46AECF80--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.