Cascading menus

Kilian Lorenz kilian.lorenz at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sun Apr 9 15:52:34 EDT 2000

Perhaps you can solve your problem by using the postcommand option.

When the menu is posted this function/method is called and
probably you can change your sub menu there. I don't expect that anyone
estimates code to be run anytime a menu item is selected a very clever
idea since with an indecisive user this could happen quite frequently
and I can't think of a good reason why there should be done something
else in the second call than in the first call (except perhaps making a
statistic about menu usage).

But I don't speak for the whole Python/Tkinter/Tk-community and
who knows ... nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition either ...

Regards, Kilian