bug in build on Solaris?

tjdukes at my-deja.com tjdukes at my-deja.com
Tue Apr 4 12:23:52 EDT 2000

I posted a message yesterday about not being able to perform the demo in
Demo/extend. This morning I tried the following.
- I erased Python-1.5.2/python and typed 'make'.
- The command used to link python was
   gcc python.o \
     ../libpython1.5.a -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lthread -lm -o python
- I erased python again and typed the following commands in by hand.
  cd Modules
  gcc -export-dynamic python.o ../libpython1.5.a \
    -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lthread -lm -o python
  mv python ..
This makes the example work correctly. Is this a bug in the makefile
shipped with Python 1.5.2 or is there a configuration option for this?
thanks,
Todd.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.