WxPython tutorial

Mike Brenner mikeb at mitre.org
Thu Aug 10 08:19:35 EDT 2000

> Thanks. I  tried the demos. They are a bit over the top of my level. I
> will give them a try again. Also I will probably have to wait till a
> good tutorial comes up.
>
> BTW: If you have written any medium sized application or even something
> that demonstrates creation of a complete application of anysize I could
> use it as a great help.

The demos seem good enough to teach how to put simple gui and other
stuff on the screen. The hidden secret is: Start with the Hangman Game.

There are 2 examples that would be nice to have:

  (1) how to cut and paste pixels from the screen and the clipboard

  (2) how to set up the frames for an application

The missing examples is a wxPaint app that draws, cuts, and pastes
pixels, with mouse-hot regions that jump to other parts of the program.