Python job in Berkeley, California

Sam Penrose see at message.body
Tue Aug 15 22:32:53 EDT 2000

Since everyone seems OK with it, I'm going to post the
following job ad. I've been working for the company for
over a year, and they're (we're) a very good group of
folks.

isn't-it-amazing-we-get-paid-to-do-something-so-much-
fun-ly y'rs, Sam

Deluxe Digital Media, a merry little band of Internet
workers and misfits, is going slightly crazy with overwork.
We need a programmer to help us develop richly dynamic web
sites. Our web site at http://www.ddmweb.com/ explains a
bit more about our work. We're in Berkeley, California
and looking for onsite employees only.

Currently our biggest sites run on several thousand lines of
Python and pump out tens of thousands of dynamically-
generated pages a day. You will be working on
projects of comparable and larger size. Some knowledge of
SQL is helpful, but we can teach you. Comfort working
in a Linux/Unix environment is a plus, as is basic
familiarity with Apache. Excellent Python programmers with
limited web experience are encouraged to apply, as are
excellent web programmers with limited Python experience. We
are constantly evaluating new technologies, so let us know
what you know.

While we certainly care about your qualifications to handle
such a position, we care as much about who you are. We look
for people who are smart, get things done, and are good to
be around. We do not operate in a sell-the-clients-hard,
drive-the-employees-harder mode--at 7 pm we are home having
a life. We are honest with each other and with our clients.
We have a good time and do excellent work.

Respond to resumes at ddmweb.com. Please paste your resume into
the body of the email.

--
spenrose at well dot com