manage_addProperty

jesse at multimediacollective.com jesse at multimediacollective.com
Wed Aug 16 13:55:28 EDT 2000

Hey everyone, I've created a product that uses python.py's that
creats a folder and adds documents and folders to it.  This all works
fine, however, when I try to add a property it gives me a aq_base
attribute error.  Heres the code.

def manage_addMemberSite(self, id, title='',REQUEST=None):
    """Add a MemberSite folder."""

    try: user=REQUEST['AUTHENTICATED_USER']
    except: user=None

    folder = MemberSite(id, title)
    # _setObject must be the Zope hook that actually stores this
instance in
    # the ZODB
    self._setObject(id, folder)

    folder.manage_addFolder(id='Images', title='')
    folder.manage_addDTMLDocument(id='index_html', title='',
file=index_body)
    folder.manage_addDTMLDocument(id='navbar', title='',
file=navbar_html)
    folder.manage_addDTMLDocument(id='content', title='enter page
content here', file=default_dd_html)

    folder.manage_addProperty(id='nav_color', value='#483D8B',
type='string')
    folder.manage_addProperty(id='content_color', value='#F0E68C',
type='string')
    folder.manage_addProperty(id='background_color', value='#FFFFFF',
type='string')

    if REQUEST:
        return self.manage_main(self, REQUEST, update_menu=1)

If anyone has any ideas how I could add the properties correctly,
please respond ASAP.