[Zope] Proxy role problem

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Fri Aug 4 14:22:06 EDT 2000

(Sorry about the off-topicness of this...)

I'm trying to build a relatively standard web app where users can add
objects (ZClass instances) - I have followed the example of the HOWTO
"Build a Searchable Job Board" (without the searching) and have
added the Manager proxy role to the student_addProcessor method which
accesses the student object... (Yes - this is for registering students :)

But when I try to use it without logging in, I'm asked to log in, and when I
decline,
I get the message "You are not authorized to access student".

How can this be? I have tried to re-implement the thing several times, and
cannot se what I'm missing here... If the method is assigned the proxy role
Manager, and the owner is (by acquisition) me, also a Manager, and I
(as Manager) have access to the ZClass "student" - why shouldn't the
method have access?

I'f anyone could help me, I'd be happy to supply more information...

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland      (magnus at hetland dot org)

 "Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop
  believing in it"                 -- Philip K. Dick