website python engine (slashdot)

jtoy toyboy at toy.eyep.net
Tue Aug 8 15:28:31 EDT 2000

Hi,
 I was wondering if anyone is interested in helping me write a html
website engine (or whatever you call it) based on the slashdot code
written in perl that websites such as http://www.deadly.org and
http://www.slashdot.org (There are at least 20 other sites).  My main
reason for wanting to do this is to get some good hands on experience
writing in Python (Im 18 yrs old and new to all programming) and I would
like to help the python community grow.  I also see this as a test to
see if python can handle such huge loads of code.  This project would
probably need people who have some good web/cgi/html/xml developing and
python and perl (have perl knowledge so we can understand the slashdot
code, not for actually writting perl code)programming knowledge.  I am
really serious about this and will start the project even if no one
helps, so please make suggestions, comments, and questions via this
newsgroup and by email.   Thanks all!

--
Jason Toy
toyboy at toy.eyep.net