Python 1.6b1 is released!

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Aug 5 23:05:38 EDT 2000

[Guido]
> (And I would personally like to thank Tim Peters for keeping the
> newsgroup informed and for significant editing of the text above.)

[Aahz]
> Well, then, go ahead and thank him!  ;-)
>
> (For some reason, "I would like to thank" is a pet peeve of mine.)

He did thank me a bit later.  You have to understand that, when tiptoeing
around lawyers and ex-employers long enough, one tends to begin to have an
inclination toward phrasing things in a more circumlocutory-- which is to
say, perhaps, not entirely and directly to the point --way.  For example,
without the "personally" in the above, might it be inferred that CNRI also
thanks me?  Couldn't have that!  They never even heard of me <wink>.

and-let's-keep-it-that-way-ly y'rs  - tim