some comments for Python 3000

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Sun Aug 13 04:41:27 EDT 2000

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 07:06:42 GMT, lobozc at my-deja.com wrote:

>> I would make a wholesale switch to Python for all softare development
>> if I could use it in performance-sensitive environments.
>>
>> It doesn't have to be as fast a C, mind you.
>
>I wouldn't mind Python being faster - for free :-). But if I need
>something _running_ fast I'll use C++ - hard to beat. If I need a
>scripting language I need to write the smallest number of lines of code
>to get the result.

I think his point was that if Python could run faster due to being
compiled, then you would use it instead of C++--that would be a big boost
in popularity, no?

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler's page of dumbth: members.home.net/rumjuggler

The Allah Collectible Card Game!
"Oh no!  I'm almost out of Hit Points!  Al-Mu'id!  I choose you!"
 -- jmbay, in ark